- With a tile overlay, you may elevate your fireplace wall to the center of attention in your room’s design. Stone and cement tiles are a great method to add subtle texture to your fireplace surround while maintaining a neutral color palette, as shown in the image below. Smaller geometric tiles can be used to embellish the interior of your fireplace or the full wall.
What can I put on the wall behind my fireplace?
With a tile overlay, you may elevate your fireplace wall to the center of attention in your room’s décor. A neutral color palette and stone or cement tiles are a great way to add subtle texture to your fireplace surround while maintaining a consistent look and feel. Design the interior of your fireplace, as well as the full wall, using smaller geometric tile designs.
- Mirror, art, family photos, television, clock, wreath, chalkboard, and window panes are some of the things you’ll find in this room.
What can I put on walls on either side of fireplace?
Build-ins on both sides of your fireplace mantel should be topped with an assortment of functional and ornamental accessories to integrate your mantel into the rest of your room’s dcor. Consider books, lamps, candles, vases, woven art, and other items that draw the viewer’s attention from a long distance.
What do you do with a fireplace in the middle of the room?
Place large pieces of furniture in a half-circle around a fireplace that is centered on the main wall of your living room. If your fireplace is on one of the major walls of your living room, make it the focal point of the space. Place your sectional so that everyone who sits on it can view the fireplace, for example.
How do you lay a room with a fireplace and TV?
In order to do this, you need install your television and fireplace on perpendicular walls. Once the sofa is in place, you may arrange it opposite either the fireplace or the television, depending on your room’s design and taste – or both, if you have enough space to create two seating zones. This living room arrangement with a fireplace and a television works nicely in a space that is square.
Is it OK to hang a mirror over a fireplace?
Drilling holes into the brick and placing plastic or metal anchors into the holes allows you to install a mirror over stone fireplaces (or on a brick wall above fires).
What is considered a non combustible wall?
Non-combustible materials are those used in construction that do not burn or ignite when exposed to the predicted amounts of fire or high temperatures. Brick masonry, concrete blocks, tough backer board, calcium silicate board, cement board, metal, and some types of glass are examples of non-combustible building materials.
What do you put in front of a fireplace?
The natural components, such as pumpkins, acorns, and branches of autumn leaves, are brought to the forefront. Warm hues may easily be used in conjunction with neutral palettes. The mantel is festooned with garlands of berries, burlap, and cranberries. To complete your home’s fireplace display, position baskets and chairs in front of the fire place opening.
What do you put in front of unused fireplace?
10 Ways to Restore a Non-Working Fireplace to Its Former Glory
- There is no need for heat, but you should still fill it with fire-ready logs. Bring in more organic design elements
- for example, fake stacked logs with a DIY summer front. Incorporate tiered candles into the design. Cover it with an ornate fire screen. Display an object of personal significance in the shape of a shadow box.
- Fine Firebox.
How can I hide my fireplace with furniture?
How to Make a Fireplace Unnoticeable
- Position your sofa over the fireplace and place your television over it. Cover the fireplace with a bookshelf and paint it white. Cover the opening of the fireplace with painted plywood and paint it white. Replace the background with a decorative screen or photo. Hiding the fireplace with a screen
- Hiding the fireplace with books
- Decorating the fireplace with potted plants
Is it OK to put a couch in front of a fireplace?
If you have a fireplace that isn’t working and/or don’t want to incorporate it into your design, placing a sofa in front of it is a terrific method to optimize your available square footage. With this living room furniture arrangement, the seating area is turned around, allowing the room to open up into a more spacious feel.
Should you mount TV over fireplace?
It is possible to maximize space by placing a sofa in front of a nonfunctional fireplace if you have one and/or do not want to incorporate it into your design. A spin around the sitting area creates an entrance into the bigger space in this living room furniture arrangement.
How far away should couch be from fireplace?
Maintain a Safe Distance At least three feet between the fireplace and the furnishings is ideal. Even if you’re using a screen or glass doors to keep the embers from bursting out, the heat generated by the fire might cause harm to your furnishings.
How do you arrange furniture over a TV above a fireplace?
Keep a Safe Distance Between You and Others It is advised that there be a minimum of three feet between the fireplace and any furnishings. In spite of employing a screen or glass doors to keep the embers from bursting out, the heat generated by the fire can cause furniture to warp or break.
How do you arrange a living room with a TV in the corner?
As a result, if you decide to position your television in a corner, you should sit immediately in front of it. Your eyes should be level with the middle of the screen when you’re watching a video. The importance of room lighting cannot be overstated. So, before you choose a location for your television, consider how the light coming in through the windows, lamps, and chandelier will affect the picture on the screen.