12 Creative Ways to Decorate Around a Television
- Decorate with Sconces over a Mantel.
- Paint the wall behind the television a dark color to make it appear smaller.
- Hide a TV behind a curtain. You could conceal it by placing it behind mirrors or cabinets. You could also conceal it by placing it behind a painting. You could incorporate it into built-ins.
What do you put on either side of TV?
A Design Conundrum: What to Do With the Wall Behind Your Television
- Create a fictitious built-in cabinet.
- Create a mixed media wall.
- Cabinets may be used to conceal your television, and curtains can be used to conceal your television. Place A Room Divider
- Organize Your Space. Install your television over the fireplace. We created an inflatable media unit.
- Make a mixed-media gallery of your work.
Should you hang art over a TV?
Many of us may believe that placing art in front of a television is a major no-no. If you choose to decorate in this manner, your artwork will most certainly not go to waste. Having an enormous piece of artwork really aids in the creation of a focus point for the area, which makes it both functional and visually appealing as an entertainment center.
How do you decorate under a mounted TV?
In the event that you don’t want to commit to a piece of furniture but want something beneath (or around) your television, floating shelves are a terrific choice to consider. They assist in integrating your television into the general architecture of the space – therefore reducing the “black box effect,” and they also allow a great deal of versatility.
How do you decorate a wall mounted flat screen TV?
How to Decorate the Area Around a Television:
- Create a TV gallery wall using frames that are similar in style. The use of frames that are the same color and style as the TV guarantees that the TV gallery wall is coherent in appearance. Lighter colors should be used to draw attention to the television. Symmetry and balance should be achieved on the TV wall. Shelves or built-ins can be used to store your television.
How do you arrange a living room with a TV in the corner?
As a result, if you decide to position your television in a corner, you should sit immediately in front of it. Your eyes should be level with the middle of the screen when you’re watching a video. The importance of room lighting cannot be overstated. So, when you pick a location for your television, consider how the light coming in via the windows, lights, and chandelier will effect the picture on the screen.
Which wall should TV go on?
Decide on a focal point. If your television is the focal point of your living room, position it in the center of the seating area. Place another focus point on the wall adjacent to the focal point (for example, a mantel or a gorgeous window) so that it can be seen comfortably while the focal point is also visible.
Should TV be centered with couch?
Regardless matter whether you choose to place the television on a console or mount it on the wall, the optimal viewing height for a television is the same – at eye level for a person sitting on a sofa. In general, this means that the center of the television should be around 42″ above the floor, regardless of the size of the television.
How much space should you leave around a TV?
General guidelines state that a television should be 2 to 6 inches away from the wall at its rear, and that it should have around 4 inches of ventilation room on both sides. The possibility of hardware damage should be considered.
Does a couch have to be centered in front of TV?
“People frequently believe that their sofa must be placed directly in front of the television in their living room,” adds Kapur. Instead, TVs perform best when they are placed slightly off-center, so that they do not become the focal point of all social interactions,” says the author.
How can I make my TV mount look good?
If you have a wall-mounted television in your living room, it is probable that you will also need to decorate the remainder of the wall space surrounding it. Decorate your wall-mounted television with the best of them.
- A gallery wall.
- a large piece of statement art. Lanterns should be placed around your television. Create a Pallet Backdrop for your project. Place your television on a feature wall.
Do TVs look better on the wall?
The most significant advantage of hanging your television on the wall is the amount of room it saves. This may also be visually pleasant, as it provides for a more minimalistic appearance while also allowing you a little more freedom in terms of where you can place your television. The height of your television on the wall is also completely customizable.
Can you put plants next to a TV?
Yes, you can place plants near the television set if all of the other rules are met. A certain amount of light is required for indoor plants, and certain plants require humidity as well; however, these plants should not be planted near a television, as the humidity might cause harm to the television, and the plant will be disturbed if the television is too dry.